BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Supercalifragilisticexbealidocious . . .

Today our pastor posed a question that has stuck with me.  What is your favorite and least favorite word?  His were "yes" and "no".  At lunch we were discussing this as a family and L and I have the same favorite word - Supercalifragilisticexbealidocious.  It is such a fun word and could mean many things, but is pretty positive to me.  Now, if I had to pick a word I might use more frequently, I would probably pick "do".  To me it represents taking action.  As far as a least favorite, I would go with "can't".  I had a 4th grade teacher that taught us "Never say I can't, always say I'll try" and it has stuck with me over the years.  Maybe that is why I dislike "can't", it is sometimes said when an attempt hasn't even been made.  Charlotte Mason's motto is "I am, I ought, I can, I will".  Any thoughts as to what your favorite or least favorite words are?

PS  I forgot to mention L's least favorite word - ignore - he doesn't like the way it sounds and doesn't like it when he is ignored :(.

1 comments:

Khara Brooks said...

Of course I missed church today. :( But my favorite and least favorite words don't mean anything special. My favorite is dissipate...cause it's fun to say. My least favorite is coagulate because it reminds me of blood, and blood grosses me out. Wow, that was not profound at all... LOL

Related Posts with Thumbnails